BMW electric car i4 Overview
The 2024 BMW i4 comes with various electric motor options. The eDrive35 and eDrive40 are single-motor rear-drive models, with the former featuring a 281-hp motor, and 335-hp rear motor. The xDrive e40, an all-wheel-drive variant, offers 396 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. The M50 is also an all-wheel drive, using dual motors that produce an impressive 536 horsepower and 586 pound-feet of torque.
In our test, the M50 accelerated from 0 to 60 mph in just 3.3 seconds, surpassing the speed of the rear-drive M3 Competition. Rear-wheel-drive i4 models have standard 18-inch rims, with optional 19-inch wheels available. The M50, on the other hand, comes equipped with either 19-inch or 20-inch rims, adaptive dampers, and a variable-ratio steering system. Despite being heavier than the M3, the M50 delivers instant and powerful thrust, demonstrating remarkable agility and grace.
What is the price of a BMW electric car?
The starting price for the electrified BMW i4 in 2024 is $52,200. That applies to the eDrive35 model with rear-wheel drive. Starting at $69,700, the M50 is the model at the top of the series.
|2024 BMW i4||MSRP|
How long do bmw electric car batteries last?
- eDrive40 rear-wheel-drive model: The EPA estimates that the eDrive40 rear-wheel-drive model of the BMW i4 has a range of approximately 301 miles on a full battery charge.
- xDrive40 all-wheel-drive variant: The xDrive40 all-wheel-drive variant of the i4 achieves an estimated range of about 307 miles with standard 18-inch wheels, or around 282 miles with optional 19-inch wheels.
- Dual-motor all-wheel-drive M50: The M50 model of the i4, equipped with dual motors for all-wheel drive, has a claimed range of up to 245 miles.
- 200 kW charging capability: The BMW i4 model is equipped with a charging capability of 200 kW, enabling quick charging of 88 to 108 miles in just 10 minutes.
- eDrive35 model: The entry-level eDrive35 model has a smaller 66.0 kWh battery, providing an estimated range of 260 miles.
- Maximum charging speed: The eDrive35 model supports a maximum charging speed of 180 kW, allowing for efficient charging.
- Level 2 onboard charger: Using the Level 2 onboard charger with a capacity of up to 11 kW, the BMW i4 can fully recharge its battery from 0 to 100 percent in less than 8 hours.
What Includes in Warranty and Maintenance Coverage?
BMW offers a competitive warranty package for the i4, including coverage for the limited warranty, powertrain warranty, and a complimentary maintenance period. These benefits provide comprehensive protection and support for i4 owners, ensuring peace of mind and hassle-free ownership.
- Limited Warranty: 4 years or 50,000 miles
- Powertrain Warranty: 8 years or 100,000 miles
- Complimentary Maintenance: 3 years or 36,000 miles
BMW electric car i4 Interior & Comfort
- Luxurious and well-equipped: The interior of the BMW i4 exudes luxury and is equipped with high-quality materials and advanced features.
- Optional rose gold trim, white leather upholstery, and light wood accents: The i4 offers customization options such as rose gold trim, white leather upholstery, and light wood accents, allowing for a personalized and elegant interior design.
- Similar layout to other BMW models: The layout of the i4’s interior is familiar and follows the design language found in other BMW models, ensuring a cohesive and premium experience.
- Massive uninterrupted display: One of the standout features is a large, uninterrupted display that spans almost two-thirds of the dashboard, providing a visually striking and futuristic element to the cabin.
- Sleek rear roofline: The i4’s four-door design showcases a sleek rear roofline, reminiscent of a coupe, adding a touch of sportiness and style to the overall aesthetic.
- Conventional trunk at the rear: Despite its coupe-like profile, the i4 maintains a practical and traditional trunk at the rear, offering ample storage space for everyday needs.
Safety Concern Of BMW electric Car
- The 2024 BMW i4 is equipped with a range of driver-assistance technologies, both standard and optional, enhancing safety and convenience on the road.
- For comprehensive crash-test results, it is recommended to visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) websites.
- Key security features of the BMW i4 include:
- Standard forward-collision warning and automatic emergency braking: These systems monitor the road ahead and can alert the driver and apply brakes automatically to mitigate or prevent collisions.
- Standard lane-departure warning and lane-keeping assist: These features help prevent unintentional lane departures by providing warnings and gentle steering interventions to keep the vehicle within the intended lane.
- Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology: This advanced cruise control system can automatically adjust the vehicle’s speed to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and can even bring the vehicle to a complete stop if necessary.